Question

Disputer

How to dispute something in writing to all 3 credit bureaus?
I found similar questions but not enough replies and answers so i'm posting again. How should a format a letter so the the credit bureaus pay attention and fix an issue. Should it be short? Long? Can I put multiple items? Thanks in advance!

Send a seperate letter for each item listed in your report that you dispute.   Dispute the "numerous" innacuracies listed (DO NOT BE SPECIFIC).  Ideally, you want the item to get deleted, if you are too specific, they may update it and make it accurate.  Don't do their job for them.

2-3 paragraphs is enough.  3/4 to 1 page in length.

--------
--------

-------  (your name / address)

--------

--------

-------- (credit bureau address)

RE:  Innacuracies in my credit report

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about an innaccurate listing in my credit report.

Please research item:  ----------------- (be specific with this, name of the account, account number as it appears on your credit report)    and follow up with me the results.

I look forward to this innacurate listing being deleted from my credit reports.  Please send me an updated copy of my credit report that reflects this change.

Regards,

(Name)

XXX-XX-(Last 4 of SSN)