Question

MsValerieAnne

How to dispute collections paid for?
I paid off two collections agencies over a year ago. If you look at my payment history on the card, you would see I was on-time every month, except one month until the month I had moved, and never heard from the companies again, until it got sent to collections. As I said, I paid them both off over a year ago. They were supposed to be PTD and were never removed from my report. How do I go about getting them removed? One of them will 'fall off' in 2016 and the other in 2017. Since it shows them as paid would it be worth it in the long run to dispute them?

Part of your history.

You actually cannot successfully dispute something that is true, no matter how much it is disliked.  PTD arrangements seldom hold up unless you got them in writing.  In that case, filing a dispute and enclosing a copy oof the PTD agreement may wo rk.  Otherwise, just let them ride until they fall off and make a current history of regular on-time payments work in your favor.