Question

klg5002

How to dispute a fraudulent account opened in my name?
I currently live in Las Vegas, have been for my whole life. I recently found out there was a Comcast account opened in my name in Georgia! They gave me all the information the address where the services were rendered, the phone number etc... I spoke with Comcast and they aren't helpful what so ever, is there anyway I could have it removed from my credit score? I've invested in identity theft protection since then and hopefully it won't be a problem again.

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Then file disputes with each credit bureau on all WRONG information shown on the reports.  You can do this online or via letter. Keeping all information correct is why we are advised to check our credit reports annually.

As said, you can dispute it with the credit bureaus. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can do so. Now, if there is a collection or negative on your credit reports due to this error, you can sue them. If that is the case, find an attorney that handles FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) cases and have a consult with them.