Question

Osito53

How to dispiute Equifax report?

Equifax reports something I didn't do

Hi , can some one help me dispute a credit enquiry that I am not responsible of. When I tried to fill the dispute form in Equifax , it says information is not found and I don't have any number to call them and clear things.Please help me on this regard.

Your dispute directly with Equifax.

nola1209

I've had issues with equifax as well. After seeing the repurcussions of two year's unemployment I've been able to get my credit score near 800 but there are collections that need to be addressed, either paid or brought current, that equifax will not take care of. It's ridiculous. Transunion - no problem. When I try to file a dispute with Equifax through KC they say I need a ten digit number. When I try to get my credit report directly through equifax I fill out the information online, jump through all of the hoops, only to be told that there's an error and that I'll need to file in writing to see a copy of MY OWN credit report. What error? I know my own social security number and who carries my mortgatge. SO I fill out the paperwork, send the request to equifax, NOTHING. Meanwhile, I've done the right thing, paid my creditors, and still taking a hit because of incompetence.