Question

purplekisses1107

How to deal with FALSE or INACCURATE information.
I reviewd my credit reports and saw that I had a Student Loan under my name for $13,000+! Immediately I knew that was WRONG! I had never taken out a loan for that amount for the 2 years I did attend college. However when the account was deleted, according to credit karma it dropped my score 35 pts! Now this may not seem like much to some but to me it's ALOT considering that I have been trying to get my credit to where it needs to be. How can I get my score back up CONSIDERING the debt never belonged to me in the first place!

If the loan was never really yours then neither was the 35pts that came along with it. Stop worrying about this account, it is gone and in the past and the 35 pts associated with it did not belong to you. What you need to focus on is your reports now as they stand. Have you taken the time to read about how to build and maintain good credit? Have you read how different credit actions affect your credit? Have you checked your FICO scores? Understand that open and active accounts are what builds and maintains good credit. Three credit cards and one installment loan that are all reported to the credit bureaus are just the "basic" credit building tools. Have you checked your Experian report to see what it is showing?