Question

LooseSproose

How to deal with derogatory mark because bill was sent to wrong address
I had a series of surgeries last year, which meant I received a lot of bills. I had no problem paying them off, but I found out recently one of them had been sent to collections and a derogatory mark left on my credit. After calling and talking to the original billing company I found out they had been sending the bills to the wrong address. Every other billing department/company in the hospitals network was able to send mail to the correct address, and even the collections agency got it right. A derogatory mark on my credit over $27 is ridiculous.

In short I am being punished for another companies mistake. Is this something I can dispute?

I would try to get a PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENT so do some reading on that. I don't think you would have any luck disputing it, but if you can't get a "pay for delete" you could try. A consumer law attorney may also be valuable to consult with.