How to correct a collection that was put on in 2009 and closed in 1969 and settled in 2010
Have an issue on a collection to Safe Auto. the account went in to collection in May of 2009. When i pulled my annual report in 2010. I then contacted the collection that had the account and paid off a settlement amount. Have online receipt plus the bank statement where that amount was removed from the bank. The closing date states 12/31/1969 which would put me back in diapers. Up until this month it had a red light on it now it just has the closing date which is wrong. The closing date should be 2/26/2010. That is the date it came out of my account. HELP