Question

broodizt

How to contest a credit inquiry
When I was looking into getting artificial turf to save energy and water through the County Hero program, the Turf salesman told me my credit would not be affected. They didn't even explain this was to be a loan, they only said I qualified for this great program, so I said okay. But I didn't need the loan, I could have paid for it in cash. Now i have a hard inquiry against my name. I was either lied to or misinformed. What can I do?

Well, you can dispute it with the credit company if you didn't sign any papers authorizing the company to pull your credit. If you did, the only other option is to send a letter to the company themself asking in a very polite manner if they would remove the inquiry from your report as you are trying to fix your credit file. Keep in mind that legallly they don't have to remove it for 2 years from the date it is posted. Good luck.