Question

30Jay30

How to build my credit back after a chapter 13 as a stay at home mom?
My husband and I filed a chapter 13 and managed a discharge 2 years early by full Payoff. Now we're working on getting our credit back but I'm now a stay at home mom... I'm finding it difficult to do so. I use to have excellent credit and I want to get it back the fastest way possible any advice?
I currently authorize user of 2 credit card but th hats it.

Good Start

Being an authorized user on an established line of credit is definitely the quickest way to inherit payment history, age of accounts, and credit utilization.  So, that's a great start, and you're fortunate to have it.  Many have bounced back on their credit reports quickly from Chapter 13.  As a stay-at-home mom, I would think about what retailer(s) at which you spend most of your money, and look into getting a charge card with them.  Many have very low qualifying standards, and if your debt is now restructured under Chapter 13, you actually are not as high of a default risk to them as someone with a high credit utilization percentage.  Look into Target, Amazon, Macy's, Walmart, Old Navy, and similar others.  You can find reviews here on Credit Karma and users often post their credit scores and other factors after being approved or denied, so you can compare your situation and determine a liklihood.  Also, check out Capital One.  They may very well approve you for their unsecured Platinum Card, and that has no upfront or annual fees.  Once you establish some credit lines, make sure you your balances are no more than 20% of the available limit and pay them off each month after the statement posts.  A year of post-Chapter 13 perfect payment history with low credit utilization rates can work wonders.