Question

Roxieraccoon

How to build credit for teen son?
I have a credit card that I can add an authorized user. My question is, if I add my teenaged son as an authorized user on my account, will it help him establish credit? Or will it just help my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Adding your son as an authorized user will help him build credit, but, as always, there are a few other factors to consider. You can read more about this topic here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/how-being-an-authorized-user-affects-credit

Roxieraccoon

Thank you CreditKarmaKayleigh, that was very helpful and will take more time to really think it over and hope to make the right decision!