Question

shelia714

How they determine the age of your credit
In 2000 I lost my credit card so I called to let them know. They gave a new card but it says on my report the card was closed . So it shows another account opened,but why don't they combine the years that the account was first opened. It's still the same account just a different card. This way my length of time would be 16 years not 4 and then 12. It shows the account opened 3 times. Why are they not combined as far as length of time?

You would have to contact your credit card company for that answer... But it will be on your report for 10 years.