Question

lily1546762

how soon will my score go up?
I am shopping around for a mortgage and when my fico was pulled i had a 595 and on credit karma i had a 610 now i have added myself to a friends credit card (shes never paid late and has a 0.00 balance on the cards) so that my score will go up quickly so that i can get that mortgage. my question is how soon will the new credit cards show up on my credit report and how soon would my score increase?

How the cards affect your score will depend on your overall credit profile. I can't say how long it will take to show up on your reports. You need to build your own credit profile that is healthy, there are many articles on this site and across the internet on how to do so. More goes into a lender's decision that scores alone and most mortgage lenders are not going to give you any points for authorized user accounts, they want to see accounts in good standing in your name only.