Question

ryowens

How soon can I ask for a credit limit increase on a new CC?!
I've heard you can ask as soon as you receive it.. knowing my credit score is 700+. I just opened the citi double cash card and I plan on doing a balance transfer to save me some interest over the holidays... but at the same time I want to improve my utilization. I asked a person online at the citi website and they said in a couple months of paying you can ask for a small increase... but i am not sure. The card has 3k limit already, and I have a total 11k between all my cc