Question

dimples197707

How soon after your bankruptcy has been discharged can you try to get a new auto loan?

Most Helpful Response

Auto Loan after Bankruptcy

Hey Dimples, I was in a similar situation about 2 yrs ago. I was in a pickle about 1 year ago when my car died and the cost to fix was to outrageous. Capital One got me approved for an auto loan on a Sentra. The interest rate was 13%, but I had no option. I paid off the car in less than a year (income taxes & selling stuff on ebay). 

Long story short, I got approved approx 1 yr after my bankruptcy

fancyred

I was approved  1 month after my last payment to the Bankruptcy Court.  My interest was only 5%.

Tianna04

Enter Your Reply@fancyred who did you go through for such a quick approval.  I'm in a situation now where I need a vehicle asap I will be discharged in a few months.