Question

zeph88

How should I handle a credit card that was sent to the wrong address?
I opened a retail credit card several years ago and the employee typed in the wrong address. I never received the bill and yet somehow the system decided to email me as it was closing the account for nonpayment, i.e. they had my email but didn't contact me until it was already on its way to collection. How do I address it and/or what are my options to get it off my credit?

If this occurred several years ago your window of opportunity to correct the matter is probably long gone. You could consult with a Consumer Law attorney to see what they say, but I believe too much time has went by.