Question

davidw5748

How should I distribute this balance...?
I have a card with a balance of $8,200 which has recently run out of it's promotional 0% APR period. I have two other cards with 0% APRs (both with a zero balance at the moment) for transfers. One has a limit of $9,500, and one a limit of $18,600. Should I transfer the entire $8,200 to the card with $18k open? It is less than half, after all. Should I split the transfer - $4,100 on each? Which way will be better for my credit score?

If you can keep your utilization on all cards below 30%, that is best for your score.