How quickly does your credit score improve after delinquencies expire?
About 7 years ago I had a house fire in a house that I rented and lost everything I owned. My renters insurance was insufficient, and the house owners home owners insurance was also insufficient to cover all the damage that was caused.

I was dealing with a lot then, from finding a place to live again, to recovering in my life in general. I also had a dog at that time, so ended up staying in a hotel that accepted pets for a quite a long period of time. My credit utilization sky rocketed during this time.

Additionally, house hold bills at that time were not paid. cable/internet, energy bill, etc. These are the bills (and the above credit cards) that have been delinquent for almost 7 years now. One "expires" in Feb 2014, a couple more in March 2014, another in April 2014. Additionally, I have a Sept. 2014 delinquent as well.

My thoughts were to let the Feb, March, and April "expire", and pay on the September debt (I could have it paid by the end of March).

I feel like I've been dealing with this house fire even after getting my life put back together. I was paying what I could on some of this. At this point, Getting out of "poor credit" is all thats left. I considered filing for bankruptcy about 4 years ago, but did not... as I wanted to pay what I could.

Am I seeing a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to this "old" debt, or after these delinquents hit the 7 year mark (as shown on my credit report) do I have anything else to do?

Thanks for the assistance!