Question

jsings2015

How quickly Capital One reports credit utilization?
I just paid a huge chunk of my Capital One credit card balances, and I'm curious to know, based on your experience, how long does it take them to update the bureaus or whomever of the Credit Utlization being lowered?

Reason I ask, I was denied for a Discover 1 card not because of my 658 score, but b/c of my high credit card utilization at 77%. I know 30% is ideal, but I'm in a better place now financially so I should be able to hit 40-50% at max.

I am trying to be patient, just trying to work on a lot of things at once. New Credit card w/ higher limit, get loans refinanced and etc. so I want to be on top of things as much as I can!

That big payment will be reported

The day your next bill is mailed.  If you get e-bills, it's the day you get your ebill.  

Realize also that just because its reported to the CRA, that doesn't mean that everything else is updated at the same time.  It generally takes anywhere from 15 to 45 days for things to get reported and cross reported to all the different entities involved in your credit report.  

Since you say you were denied for a Discover Card, do yourself a favor and DON"T apply for new credit again for at least 6 months.  Any sooner and your chances of getting approved drop no matter what your score. Spend the next few months getting that Utilization down. Your score will go up. You want your score as close to 720 as possible the next time you apply.

Good Luck