Question

subnetman

How or why does your home insurance score go down?

Same here

Massive drops in home insurance score while all else goes up, no explanation from Credit Karma, which stinks. My insurance premiums dropped twice during your score rating drops, fix it or explain what we're dealing with?!

Insurance Score Drop

Both my auto and home insurance scores took a 67 and 89 point drop respectively.

This happened the month after I paid off my car loan a month before maturity.

I don't know for the life of me why paying off a car loan would affect an insurance companies concept of risk.

I think there is something wrong with the algorithms used by CK.

We were just approved for a home refi loan at 3.89% so we have good credit, just don't know what is up with those insurance scores.

Most Helpful Response

Me too!! decreased in two months

My car and home insurance scores went from mid 800 to the lows 700 in a period of two months and it seems like it keeps going down, but there is no reason why that should happen as I have not had any insurance claims other than a theft under $1000 to my renters insurance, and the claim was filed in 2011. This is scary!

Insurance Score Drop

Me too!

I would like to know the answer to that one when there has been no claims of any kind.

Just wanted to chime in.

Having the same issue here. Dropped a good 70-80 points within a month. No claims, no accidents, no nothing.

MichEllis22

Mines has done the same thing Skyle 73, when i got my next renewal notice on my car insurance it went up 2 dollars a month. one of my insurance agents said his went up also, so we were not the only one who go hit. 

What going on.

My Home Insurance score went down, I did not file any claims since i have gotten it. what the deal

Score drop

Actually, I think I may have stumbled upon the explanation for a dropping insurance score. Has anyone else put in for a windshield replacement? My wife did for her car. Didn't really consider this an insurance claim till I heard an attorney talking on a local radio show here, it got me thinking. Then I started checking dates on the install VS. score drop. Sure enough, they coincide. 

Score drop

My Home Insurance Score went down.

This month mine went down and I dont even have a house! i do not rent, i dont have either i dont any home insurance. can someone explain what is going on? 

allan0918

mine also dropped 200 points in last few months.. never owned home or had home owners insurance? i dont understant the huge drop ?