Question

rossola

how often is my credit report updated

Most Helpful Response

If you meant how long you would expect a change in your credit report, it's 30 days. Because every month, your balance of using a card in that month will most likely change and all the cards will be 1 more month older. The bank will also report how you paid for your card in that month as well.

If you apply for a loan, including credit card, the change is instant, which is a hard inquiry.

Your credit report is updated instantaneously as your credit servicers report it to the credit bureaus. Using credit cards as an example, once your new credit card statement is populated you should expect at least 2 weeks after that before the credit card company will report it to the credit bureaus. So really you expect a 3 week turn around on every thing; you make your payment on your due date, credit company takes about a week to create a new statement with your new balance, credit company takes another couple of weeks to report the updated balance to bureaus.

For example my credit card that has a due date of the 7th each month, my updated balance just showed on my credit today; however, my credit card with a due date of the 17th still has not been updated on my credit.