Question

jlbh2008

How often do "Goodwill" letters work?
I missed half a car payment back in May due to losing my job. The finance company called me to set up a payment arrangement to make the other half. My original due date was 5/4. I was able to make the next month's payment plus the other half of the missed payment on 6/5. This MAJORLY dinged my credit score and dropped it 100 points!!! I've never missed a payment before so I sent a goodwill letter to them asking to have the late payment removed. I'm trying to buy a house and this ONE thing is preventing me from doing so. Has anyone had a positive outcome from sending in a goodwill letter? I'm really hoping this works!

Keep trying, most people with success in this said that it took several attempts before their goodwill request was granted.