Question

MissHollywood

how much will my score be raised if I pay off a collection

Most Helpful Response

It May Drop

Your score may actually drop. Whether the account is paid, or unpaid a collection account will always report negative. Also, how old is the account. Is it more than 2 years old? If it is, def. do a pay for deletion and negotiate starting low. After that time period they really just want the account paid and may agree to do it for a super low amount. I wouldn't advise paying the account though without that letter if you want it off of your report.

If they won't agree to a pay for deletion feel free to message me. I have a whole folder on my computer with sample letters, convos, etc. to get it done.

Probably very little, if any at all. Most of scoring models dose not distinguishing between paid or unpaid collection.

If you can get a PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENT it will help, by how much I don't know as it depends on the rest of your credit profile. Do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" as that is what you would want to get.