Question

Athanasia35

How much will my credit score drop after a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
If I file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy with a score of 520, will my score drop even more?

Most Helpful Response

Not too bad

Hi - it won't be horrible; Within 6 months after my chapter 7 my score was 660

Athanasia35

Thank you. I filed and my discharge date is June 8th and my score has gone up to 688. Will it go down when my bankruptcy is discharged?

YES!!!

And your credit will be very low for at least TEN years.  if you are thinking of filing because of something like credit card debt or installment loans, think again.  Those will fall off your credit report 7 years from date of last payment.  If you think of filing because of student loans, FORGET IT!! Student loans are not dischargable in bankruptcy.  Think things over carefully, do some research and think again before considering bankruptcy.

Athanasia35

The only things on my credit report were massive medical bills. My discharge date is June 8th and my credit score has already gone up to 688. I don't have any credit cards, haven't for many years.