Question

quelah07

How much will it effect my credit if I only pay the minimum on my credit card?
For the past year I have paid my credit card balance in full and ahead of time,I only uses 30% of my credit limit.I have never paid interest.But now something has changed with my job so it is going to cause me too just pay the minimum,how badly will that affect my credit?Also if I were to use 40% opposed to 30% how would that affect it as well?

Ideally, your usage on credit cards should be less than 10% for the best rating on usage. Higher usage rates do lower your score some, and since you said you are going to have to cut back on the payments (doing minimums instead of PIF) you might give serious thought to cutting back on using the cards.  That interest rate can pile up significantly with just minimum payments so that the balance can keep growing even though you make regular minimum payments,. A lot depends some on the interest rate. All of these can decrease your credit score some but it won't be terminal.  Your employment has hit a 'bump in the road' so that may happen with your credit score.  Unless this bump is temporary, you may consider locating better paying employment while still working so you can resume PIF status.   

Keeping your CC at 30% is what you should do and never just pay the min even if you can just pay a couple dollars more will help.!