Question

jimbo06

how much will a company charge to fi xmy credit?
I only have a few small things on my credit and dont know how to fix it myself. I really dont want to start an account and pay $90 a month for help

Most Helpful Response

The companies who supposedly "fix" your credit often do more harm than good and charge outrageous amounts for doing something you can do for yourself.  First thing to do is check all three credit reports for accuracy because errors are bound to appear.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports, which you will look over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  Make this personal credit check something you do once a year. 

Depending on what remains, you can usually work out payment arrangements with legitimate creditors (bills you ACTUALLY owe).  If there are other adverse items that are legal, you may just have to wait until they fall off, which is usually within 7 years.

Please read the articles on this site so you can learn more.  Credit Karma is designed to help individuals learn how to build and maintain good credit through an interactive learning site. 

jimbo06

when i call the agency that owns the debt now and i know its wrong and try to dispute it will it come off my report? How do they figure out if its me or not?