Question

TAcampora

How much will 2 late payments on a credit card effect you credit score?
I found 2 errors on my credit report. They were 2 late payments one a single credit card. I've straightened them out and it was the card companies fault. They are removing them now (YES!).....
My question is: Will that help my credit score and about how much if so?

Thank you for any response you may give!

Thom

Most Helpful Response

late payments affect different scores

Late payments affect different score levels differently...

780 ish gets a 100 point drop

680 gets a 50 point drop.

You will get a bump, but the amount of the bump is affected by too many factors for us to tell you.  The biggest factor will be what risk band you are in.  the higher the band, the greater the drop from a late payment.

When you see the change please let us all know. I have seen as much as a 25-50 point increase in the score here at CK.