Question

BrittBritt91996

How much time does it take to develop a credit score?
I am just starting to build my credit from a 0(thin file). I have been approved for a secured credit card(from capital one) and it is on my way to my house. I was wondering does it take 6 months for you to get your credit score? People say that when you start from zero that you can see your credit score or report until it has been 6 months. However, I have heard of other people say that they can see theirs every month.

Most Helpful Response

Amount of Time to Build Credit Score

Your ACTUAL credit score (one of all three cred bureaus) takes six months to build up. After six months (and no less), you will have a credit score. I would recommend reading my blog if you need any advice on how to build it correctly at thecollegefinances.blogspot.com

Time to Get Credit Score

Hi. I recently went through the same issue. It does take six months to receive a credit score. Make sure to follow good credit card practices. If you need any help, I wrote a blog at http://thecollegefinances.blogspot.com. Check it out if you don't know the best way to build your credit. I hope I answered your question.

Merry Christmas!