Question

needsomehelpplz

how much should I use my credit card/how soon should I pay it off?
I recently got my first credit card to attempt an build credit ( really I got two ) what's the best way to use it? Repeatedly max it out and pay it off in full before the end of my billing cycle or what do I do??

NEVER MAX A CREDIT CARD!! Use it monthly, but do not use more than 25% of your available credit. Pay it off in full after the statement comes out, not before or it may not help you to increase your score. Always pay it before the due date, miss a payment or pay late and you will cause yourself years of grief.

Ex: $1,000 Credit Limit = never use more than $250 of it. I would advise to use no more than $50 per month and pay it off in full after you get your statement.

Your credit utilization rate really affects your score, keep it low!! Do this with both cards and you should be well on your way to a better score.