Question

scorebuilder2

How much impact does a late payment have 3 years ago? I have a 737 score from Transunion.
My Equifax score is 718. I know that there are multiple factors which influence the score. Back in 2013, I was late two times on my car note by 30 days each and to make it worse, at the time I had very little credit. Since then I have been diligently working hard to rebuild a damaged credit history that is also relatively young and my credit score has soared by almost 200 points. (Transunion is 737, Equifax is 718 and Experian is 727). I have 2 Capital One cards and 1 Citibank card. I typically keep my utilization ration very low at between 2% to 3% and I never carry a balance. My total combined credit limit is $6,550. At this point I have made 82 monthly payments between the car loan and the credit cards, of which 80 have been on time. I opened the first capital One in October 2014, then the next Capital One in Jan. 2015 and finally the Citibank Card in Jan 2016. How much impact are the late payments still having on my scores? Will I be able to qualify for a mortgage?

They are not as damaging as they originally were, but are still causing damaging. As more time goes on the damage will subside more. I don't think that this will disqualify you with all mortgage lenders, but possibly with some, all in all you should be ok. Just thoroughly research the lenders that you are thinking about applying with to see how they have handled people in your situation.