Question

dukelukem

How much does a secured loan help?
I recently made a huge mistake, closing two cards and opening another. 24 point whack on my credit, going from excellent to good. Needless to say I'm very upset,not knowing that was going to happen (should've researched beforehand). I have plenty of money in the bank to do a secured loan, and I know the bank doesn't CHECK credit to approve the loan (I work at this bank), but they report on time or late payments. Anyone know how much this might help? Or hurt?

It will hurt a bit because of the new account, also may hurt depending on your overall utilization.  However, over time it will help as you build up good history.  If you want to re-open the cards you've closed, simply call the creditors and tell them you made a mistake.  They may re-activate those accounts for you and you can get that good history back (I'm assuming it was good).  Maybe try that before taking out a loan.