Question

HannahSpanner

How much does a 'hard enquiry' affect credit?
I applied to get into an apartment today and was off by one point, should I wait a month, or will the hard enquiry make my credit score worse if I keep making enquiries?

What will waiting a month do? Are you doing things now that will increase your credit scores? Hard Inquiries do have a slight negative impact on scores, but nothing too terrible unless you accumulate many. The best thing that you can do at this point is to start reading everything that you can find about credit and how to improve it. Once you get a general knowledge of how it works, come back and ask questions if you need to.