Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

MehMeh619

How much coverage do I need?
I have a 2013 Kia Rio, only drive 9 miles to work round trip. To get that great commute I had to take a pay cut. Looking for ways to cut expenses. Someone told me auto insurance is a place to start but I don't want to be under-insured.

Most Helpful Response

There is a minimum amount of insurance you MUST carry in order to drive a car.  Check with your insurance agent.  One way to reduce insurance costs is to opt for a higher deductible for collision, and $500 is a suggested amount.  That  is what I have since it is not unreal to put that amount on a credit card or pull out of savings.. It usuall ends up reducing your premium costs.  Another way to do that  is to pay for insurance at intervals like every 3 months. or 6 months and that reduces the amount os 'service charge' for monthly billing. Also ask about a reduced rate for low mileage driving.  And you might want to check the rates for different companies to see if you can save there.