Question

onmywayup0910

How much can I expect my credit score to go up by paying off a legal garnishment on my credit report
I had a vehicle repossession several years ago. It went to court and has been garnished for 2 years and I'm about to pay it off. How much can I expect my credit score to go up?

Most Helpful Response

well first the bad news... the damage has been done.  just because it is now paid it will not affect your score.  But the good news is that as time goes by it will have a less and less affect upon your score.  Something else you can do is start writing goodwill letters to try to get it removed.  Just google goodvwill letters and you can learn how to write them.  Good job of getting it paid and good luck on your letters.