Question

creditquesion9999

how much are my collection accounts hurting my credit score?
The collection accounts are 5 plus years old. I know that they hurt less as time goes by but how much do they hurt my score now?

It would depend on a few things

1. How many collections you have?

2. The amount of those collections?

3. How long they have been unpaid?

4. The type of collections? ( defaulted Student loans, Public Records, and tax liens and the most damaging)

There is no way to guage a per point system for each item but the points I listed above can be used to estimate how badly your credit is damaged. Start disputing or agreeing to pay for deletion and you will see your score improve. The regular collection item usually falls off after 7 years so you could wait another two years or pay if off now. Good luck....

* are not and

typo