Question

becoolman54

how may I request that bankruptcy be taken off the 3 agencies.April will be 8 years.
my bankruptcy was april 2005. Can I ask for it to be taken off now?

You can ask but........

Federal law puts time limits on how long items can remain on your credit report.  Most items will drop off in 7 years.  Bankruptcy remains on record for 10 years. 

You may ask that it be removed, but don't count on it.  It just may be something you have to live with until it does drop off.  I've been there.

In the meantime, work at keeping credit accounts paid on time and paid off as quickly as possible.  Makes a big difference in a relatively short time.