Question

Sher811

How many points will my score increase by removing an erroneous collection?
I located an account in collections on all three reporting agencies which was reported in error. I have spoke with the company who made the report and they will submit the documents to the credit agencies to have it removed. I'm only wondering what the estimate increase in points will be. Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

collection/ charge off

contested myself on 1-28-2014.  should be resolved within thirty days.  Let you know how much it helped my scores already in the fair good range 694-723. make sure you keep good records of who you spoke too.  It's in their interest to keep your score low, to make more money from you over a lifetime. Contesting directly with the bureaus by certified mail is often a better route, leaves a paperwork trail; making them more accountable by law.  Also makes more work on the bureaus having to get accurate imformation from the company in short time frame. It's easier for them to remove it from the report than do work for no profit.