Question

noh8

How many points does a hard inquiry take from your credit score?

disappointed

why is credit karma reports no where near the credit bureaus

AntiAgency

Because its all a scam. Create an enviorment where there are over 5 diffrent scores and there is not "checks and Balances". meaning it allows for them to be corrupt as they are.......

import

be careful when you go to buy a car,theywill send your application to many banks, we had a total of 8 hard inquries from one dealership?

Most Helpful Response

Hard Inquiry Pts

I have had a grand total of 3 hard inquiries in the last 6mths. And my credit score was 641 considering that i am rebuilding my credit. So I then proceeded to go with capital one again this time for a rewards credit card considering I already have one card through them and always pay my balance in full and always before the due date. Well with that being my 4th hard inquiry NOT only did i get declined but i ALSO had my credit score then drop 18 pts!!!!!! yes i said 18 POINTS. What the heck? can someone please help me in this?

dinsureone

First off, you don't want to keep making inquires. The more Hard inquies you have the more your score will drop!!

jholloway88

If you're rebuilding your credit, you want to avoid hard inquiries unless you desperately need more credit, a loan, a place to stay, etc. You messed up by getting 3 hard inquiries in a 6-month period...way too many. You seem to have thought because your credit score is "fair", that you had more room to apply for credit and get inquiries galore. No. Lastly, your score isn't good enough to be looking for perks. Stick to a basic Visa or Mastercard. Rewards cards, points cards, airline and other perky stuff are generally reserved for those with good to excellent credit. And if you do manage to get one of those cards with a fair score, you will have a high interest rate. So focus on rebuilding your credit. No unnecessary inquiries and no perky credit cards for now.

jholloway88

Also paying your balance in full doesn't make your score go up. In fact it can hurt you if you end up making more purchases before your new billing cycle. You'd end up paying interest on all the new purchases. Paying your statement balance is more ideal.

should i apply

thinking really hard about applying for a discover it card, although it says that my chances are poor.  I went on the discover site and they gave me a offer, just not in the mail.  I have three credit cards now.  want to apply but really really worried about the drop in my score especially if it is denied.  trying to rebuild my credit but scared. thank you 

There is no set number that a Hard inquire will take from your credit score,

The 14th Hard inquire for me took 1 point the day of the inquire.

But have been dripping Hard inquires this year,   today just say #9 fall off and gained 3 points.

Your mileage may vary.

Credit History takes time so does your Credit Score.

tickedoff2014

when is it legal for a hard inquiry to take 18 YES I said 18 pts off my credit score and placed me in a poor status

GreenT123

My last hard pull took 17 points from my credit score.

Credit Inquiries

I just applied for a Capital One credit card last month. My score was 735 when i applied and after the ONE inquiry, my score dropped to 645.
Is a 90 point drop standard for only one Inquiry??

Wake up!

Its a scam people; The bankers are just playing with our minds. There is no reason why a credit report score should be affected by you trying to get credit. That process in it self is a scam created by the bankers...... They will attack your score for just about any little thing but on the other hand when it comes time to boost your score for good doings you never SEE IT! Its nothing but a game to get interest out of people to keep the middle class in check. Remeber the rich dont need loans........They use this as a tool to keep the middle class down. I call for credit REFORM! But this will never happen as the bankers run everything. Just ask the countries who tried not to allow the "world" bank in it.........um there not countries anymore or at least not in power for trying......go figure........why you think........ I have been working on my credit for over 15 years now only to see the agencies use switch tactics to alter there score system yearly. The minute consumers get too smart about there credit they just re-formula the calculation and bingo your back to poor scores but in reality you pay your bills on time every month. Its like your being punished for policy not factual events of your credit worthyness. Again a complete scam to bring higher intrest for banks to ultimately bring down the middle class. Again these bankers dont need money they have all of it. they want the "CONTROL" that money brings them. The less money you have the less power you have. Wake up america. We need Credit REFORM! But this in todays hollywodd agenda would never even be mentioned. People today are too busy worrying about what they look like and who they can F**ck then to worry about what going on in the real world. Its sad. People people!

RE: Credit Karma

In response to this question: Credit Karma is not a legit credit reporting service, as you've obviously found out. Of course they will not be pulling your credit score for you every week and then giving you that information for no cost. That actually costs money. What the service actually does is analyze your score and your credit accounts, then gives you a "fake" (lower) rating so that you will consider the credit improvement products that they market to you. Some of the free information they offer, such as inquiries on your account, deliquencies, bankrupcies, etc. is still helpful. But the FICO score is typically not going to be accurate.

wow

Say hello to crazy

don't apply yet

Don't do it yet. Utilize the credit cards you have until your credit is healthy enough for another card. Discover is a good choice they make your available credit category grow quicker, and they have good perks. :)

LaToy404

With car companies, and mortgage companies they have a 45 day window whereas you are not punished if they run  your credit within those 45 days of the first inquiry. That's what I was told. 

AntiAgency

No what he is trying to say is just spend on your card and let the full intrest kick in for each month. Meaning the more interest money you make a bank the more your score will go up. Its a scam rigged for them to win. So its rigged to gets highest proffits. Basicly if you use your card and pay it off before the next month and the bank could not get any intrest off you then your score will iether remain the same or even go DOWN........... Now you see where I am going with this........ Be above all the puppets out there buying there BS. Its all a rigged scam.