Question

finalfant111

How many points could I expect.....
I have been working on paying off some old items on my credit report. I have a crappy history from my previous marriage, so I have a bankruptcy that will drop off in 2020 (with some itemized items dropping off this year) and I have judgment for a medical bill that will drop off in January. I have 4 collections, one of them I disputed the other three I paid off and was told they should come off in a month. My question is how much could I expect from each of these things coming off? I can't seem to find an answer, everyone gives cryptic answers with tons of caveats, I just need to know what the average increase is for each of these items. Here is a little more info:

The judgment was for about 600
The collections amounts were for 1200, 175, 128, and 79.

No one will be able to take an educated guess on this, it depends on the age of the negatives being removed, it depends on the rest of your overall credit profile, it depends on what scoring system you are looking at, and I am sure many other things as well. It will be an improvement, that is for sure. I advise you to also work on getting open accounts in good standing, start with a Secured credit card if needed, and check your FICO scores once in a while, they cost money, but it is sometimes worth in when you really want to know where your credit stands.