Question

Ihatejellyfish

How many credit cards is too many? I was told that it is how you use them that it becomes an issue.
I have 10 major credit cards, with a total of 97,000 cl between them all...I have basically every major credit card, from Discover, Amex, Capital One (3) Chase (2) a BofA a Hilton Citi, and a USAA. They all serve a different purpose Some have Cash rewards, Some earn pts towards hotel stays where we stay most, Travel perks...etc.... We do travel a lot. I do not plan to keep a balance on them, and always stay under 15% utilization. I realize that is a lot of cards. I was given advice that as long as I do not carry a balance on all of them, and I miss no payments ever. That this would actually only help my credit. I am wondering just how true this is. I mean they are mine and I am keeping them but I would like to know what to expect. So advice or experience in this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

I'm going to assume you have an excellent credit score. As long as you're paying the balances, keeping your utilization down; it only benefits you. My only suggestion is keep cards which benefit you. Any cards you're not using to full advantage, combine the credit limit to another card. For example the three Capital One cards you have. If you're not using all three for the best rewards, you can request one be closed and the credit limit transferred to one of your other Capital One cards. 

Other than that, congratulations on your high limit and keep up their good work.  :)