Question

lininha24

How many credit cards are too many?
I have a good amount of credit cards, I will say the ratio between store credit and regular credit cards is about 30% - 70%.
I have thought about closing some, but would like to know if there is a "risky" number of credit cards that lenders frown upon.

Lenders are looking at utilization and on time payments. They love for you to carry a balance because you're paying exorbitant fees of 16% to 25% interest.  You should only charge what you can comfortably pay off every month.  

I suggest if you're using these cards for reward advantages, then keep them. Otherwise I would suggest you ask for credit limit increases on cards you use, and then close cards you don't.