Question

renatadib

How many cards is too much that will affect your credit? If I close an account will it hurt my credi
I want to know if there is a limit to how many cards someone can have if without hurting my credit. Also before I had credit I applied for a bank crd that costs 35$ a year, and I put down 500$. My credit has improved a lot since, I have cards with no annual fees and I never use that card. Will it hurt my credit if I close that account?

There is no real specified answer, but personally I would only apply once every 6 months. How hard it hits your credit score also depend on where you stand on your credit, e.g good vs bad.

If the credit card you want close is your oldest credit card, it will decrease your score for reason that it will shorten your history. It may also hurt your score in a way that it decreases your total credit line.