Question

scaredstudent

How long will it take for credit score to rebound after late payment is removed?
I opened a Macy's credit card account last fall and recently missed a payment in May. I called Macy's credit services and requested they take off the late payment from my record and they agreed. How long will it take for my credit score to bounce back once the late payment is nullified? Will there still be a late payment on record on my credit report even after they forgive it?

Most Helpful Response

If it was the only late payment on your credit report, then you score would rebound as soon as it is removed. If you have other lates, then it won't help as much, but would be an improvement in the right direction. If they did remove the late from your credit reports it may take a little bit of time to update, they have to get the information updated to the credit bureaus and then the credit bureaus have to update the information. It may take a couple of weeks or even a month.