Question

heyitsbobby

how long will it take for a canceled credit card to reflect in my credit score?
I've canceled a few new cards to lower my amount and make my average history better. Will this show in my credit score soon?

What you did will result in damage to your credit, not an improvement. "lowering amounts" is lowering your available credit, which hurts and can also increase your "credit utilization" if you have a balance on other credit cards. You did not increase your "average age of accounts" with FICO scoring systems. I understand that Vantage doesn't factor in closed accounts, but it doesn't matter, most lenders use FICO. With both scoring systems you will be penalized just for closing the accounts, closing accounts harms credit, because open accounts is what builds and maintain credit. My advice to you: don't close any more accounts. Spend a lot of time reading about credit. Ask questions before taking action and only think about taking action once you have a good knowledge of credit. Work to appease the FICO scoring system, not the one here. This will hurt you, but you will be ok in the long run as long as you get yourself on the right track.