Question

Downsiae

How long will it be after i pay off my cards in May will i see a change in score
I was just wondering how long after I pay all my cards off it will take to see my new score and how long will it take

Most Helpful Response

The timing depends on when your creditors report to the bureaus. Mine typically report a few days after the due date. The next month is a safe answer as that will insure all have time to report but it will depend on when you make the payments in the billing cycle. For instance...

If a card is due on the 19th (and lets say reports on the 23rd) and you pay it off on the 18th, it will be reported to the bureaus on the 23rd and would reflect in the first update after that from Credit Karma. In this scenario, it would be reflected in just over a week.

If, however, you make the payment on the 2nd, it will be almost 3 weeks before it is reported to the bureaus, plus potentially another week for Credit Karma to update. In this scenrio it will take 3 weeks or so to be reflected on CK.

It usually updates by the following month..