Question

validscreenname

How long will I be punished?
I was with TransAmerica from 2009 to 2014 and paid off $72,000 of debt. I was under the impression being on a debt mgmt program would not negatively affect my credit. Also, I took over paying the mortgage mid 2014, (from my then husband--ex now), and have had no late payments since. This is history. How long will I be punished, and/or will those Late Payments stay on my credit report?

Late payments reflect the life of a loan. Other dings you can expect to fall off within 7 years of it being reported as negative.....