Question

Mar1230

How long to wait after lowering balance to apply for credit card?
I plan on applying for the Marriot Rewards Premier, Discover one or Visa black credit card.

I have had high balances on my accounts for a few months, but have never missed a payment. Everything is in good standing. I'm going to make large payments to my accounts to lower all balances to 29% of the limits. (I've heard keeping under 30% is best)

How long after I make these payments should I wait before applying for one of the cards I listed above? Is waiting until they post the updated balances to my account sufficient? Or do I have to keep the balances under 30% for a few months to maximize approval chance?

Thanks in advance!!!

I would say wait about 3 months before applying.  It takes a while for the data to catch up on your reports.