Question

dada4

How long should I wait before applying again if I was rejected for "too many inquiries"?
My first credit card was a costco anywhere Visa, that I opened in July 2016.

I recently opened a chase freedom, chase freedom unlimited, and discover it. I also applied for paypal credit and asked for a credit limit increase on the costco card and the freedom unlimited. I applied for citi bank's double cash back card, but I was rejected due to too many inquiries. I understand that I do have too many inqiruies, as I pretty much recieved 6 hard inquiries in a span of 1 week.

How long should I wait before trying to apply again? 3 months? 6 months? 12 months?

My credit score(FICO) is ranging from 725-750 depending on which site I'm looking at (citi or discover)

My credit utilization is 10% and no late payments.

Most Helpful Response

Probably at least six months, but it depends on the lender, different lenders will have different numbers on what is too many inquiries. Spend time reading all that you can on credit while you are waiting, the more that you know the better that you can play the game.