Question

mekimlee

How long is new credit considered new?
I'm attempting to rebuild my credit with a secured card. Under "things hurting your score" it states new credit. I'm charging small amounts and paying them off each month, but how long will this card be considered new on my credit? My credit is slowly coming up each month.

Most Helpful Response

Congratulations on rebuilding your score. It takes 6 months to a year before an account is not considered "new".  Charge no more than 30% of the card limit at a time and always make payments on time and pay more than the minimum. . You can also make payments to your credit card more than once a month. Usually reports are generated near the end of the month. Paying down a card midmonth can lower your ratio.