Question

EJ537

How long does.it take for credit inquiries to come off your credit repory?

Most Helpful Response

2 YEARS

Hard credit inquies remain on your credir report for 2 years and then drop off.

From what I know from watching my own report, as well as reading various places online, it's 24 months from the time of the inquiry, but I've seen several mentions that creditors are more interested in the last 12 months. That all might not be perfectly accurate, but it's the way I've operated for years when it comes to inquiries and it hasn't let me down yet. Hope this helps!

Inquiries stay in your credit report for 2 years, Unless  you can prove that they are  inaccurate or you were a victim of ID theft, in that case they can be removed within 30 days.What you should do if any of those apply to you ? You should write letters to creditors and to bureaus, also attach an police report if you have one,or any other materials that you think may help the case.