Question

DixyDuke

How long does it take for your credit score to come up once you get on track
My Students loans started billing and i was unaware until i checked my credit score. I started paying as soon as i found out and i am now on track with a payment plan(s)

Most Helpful Response

It Just depends. I dont know what my original gredit score was but I opened a secured credit card from Open Sky (I chose open sky because they did not do a credit check and I keep the balance at 0 mostly because credit utilization is a big factor) for 350 back in October/November or 2015. In January when I signed up for CK my Vantage Score was 590. I had 2 accounts in collections. I disputed the 2 collection accounts with the Credit Bureaus and opened a Capital One and a First Premiere Unsucured Card. Both unsecured cards dinged my credit with Hard Inquiries. That was short term (like a week) First Premeire is reporting but  Capital One is not yet. The collections were removed from my reports as of 02/21/16. As of this AM 02/22/16 my Vantage 3.0 Score is 681 and 682 and will be over 700 when Capital One starts reporting. My Answer is you can boost it as high as 80-100 points in a month under similar circumstances. I am sure my score was in the low 500s or maybe even lower when I decided to do something about it.